Goodbye cold winter breeze, and hello longer days, greener fields and warmer temperatures. Spring has arrived and that means it’s time to start our spring cleaning for the body, mind, and soul.
Many people suffer from the “winter blues” during the colder months. Winter has come and gone and now is the time to freshen up your life, clean out any negative energy built up over the winter, and welcome the new season with new mindful goals!
Spring cleaning your body and mind is essential for longevity. When you live stress-free, you will find yourself living a happier and healthier life. In fact, stress is a major contributor to many health issues. Problems can occur if the stress response goes on for too long or becomes chronic, such as suppressing your body’s immune system, disrupting digestion, and affecting sleep quality.
Build a positive mindset
Let go of all the stresses and negative energy that you may have held onto during the winter. Having a stress-free and organized mental state is an essential factor to happiness. When you have a positive mindset, you will have a better view of everything around you.
With a stress-free, positive mindset you will:
- Find yourself in a better state of happiness
- Have a better ability to deal with stress
- Develop a sense of meaning and purpose
- Discover profound self-confidence and self-esteem
- Build a strong barrier against potential health issues
Clean up your diet
There’s no more hiding under thick sweaters and the rich foods that populate the darker months are behind us. Simply put, you feel better when you eat better. This means it's time to spring clean your diet and ensure that you’re getting the essential nutrients and vitamins your body needs to thrive.
By eating a well-balanced, nutrient-dense diet, you are keeping the body strong and immunized against potential diseases. It should be no surprise that healthy eating can help lower your risks of getting certain chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and osteoporosis.
- Drink lots of water and reduce sugary beverages
- Consume nutritious leafy greens, as they are coming into season
- Opt for lean or plant-based protein sources
- Consider taking multivitamins to supplement your diet
Live longer, feel younger
When you prioritize good health, you will find yourself living longer and feeling younger. You will find yourself standing up taller and facing each day with a more vitality. With a return to your positive mindset, you'll find the willingness to take positive changes that will drive through every aspect of your life. Studies have actually shown that people who feel younger at heart, live longer.
Change your perception of aging by finding joy in your life, laughing and maintaining a youthful mindset. Surround yourself with people that love and support you, healthy relationships are a strong marker of overall wellness.
Since stress is a major contributor to health-related issues, it’s time to kill and reduce it! It’s important to find healthy ways to reduce stress instead of finding temporary relief that can make things worse. For example, alcohol is ultimately not helpful in reducing stress because it is often seen as a depressant when consumed at larger quantities.
Healthy ways and tips to reduce stress as a part of your spring cleaning routine can include:
- Exercising to release endorphins
- Meditation and various relaxing techniques
- Speaking with someone you trust to release tension build up
- Stay organized and manage your time better
When you prioritize your health and well-being, you will find yourself feeling happier day-to-day. It’s never too late to make a change and fresh up your life. It’s time to get rid of all the built up negativity from the winter and kickstart spring with your new mindful goals.
Learn more about measuring your progress this spring in only 30 seconds and tracking your health age regularly with iHeart Internal Age™.
Recent Blog Posts You Might Also Enjoy:
- Coping With Daylight Savings Time - How It Could Affect Your Health
- Who Country Has The Healthiest National Food Guide?
- Advancements In Pulse Wave Velocity Measurement
- 17 Surprising Heart Health Facts
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your iHeart Device
- Telomeres vs Pulse Wave Velocity - which is better for measuring biological age?